I went to their site and found a challenge by Denise. It goes like this:
“I would like to challenge all Thirteeners to come up with 13 things they like about themselves on the next Thursday 13…September 7.
I feel like we, as women, spend so much time scrutinizing ourselves that we sometimes forget the good stuff.”
Well, even if it's not a Thursday and I'm not a woman, let me get a crack at this post.
2. I'm not obsessed about how i look. It's not that I'm normally dugyot -- i do comb my hair on occassion -- but I can't help but laugh at people who can't seem to keep it together when they have even a singular stray hair. I know that looks matter -- in this image-obsessed world, what can you expect? -- but it's not the only thing that matters. There are far more worthy things we can chase.
3. I'm smart. Well... reasonably.
4. I'm not afraid to fail. I just don't see the logic of not trying just because the odds are against you. So what if at the end of the game the scoreboard says 9 million to 1? At least you were in the game, right? Defeat is always a state of mind, not a mere result.
5. I sing even though I don't have the voice for it; I dance whenever I want.
6. I have no trouble admitting I have no idea about some things.
7. I'm ok alone. Of course, it's much much much more fun when love and friends are around.
8. I do believe in fairies, i do, i do. And in dragons and unicorns and underground cities and enchanted swords and time travel and immortals and secret quests and magic and monsters and all the other things that make this world a much more exciting place. Fantasy is my reality.
9. I do what i have to do. Even if I don't like it, or it's hard, or inconvenient. If I need to do it, I will.
10. My faith. My God is infinitely larger than me -- far far larger than my sins, my doubts, my inequities, my 'good' deeds, even my love. Thank God He's like that.
11. My girls (heehee). In spite of all the frustrations, the hurts, the regrets... I'm thankful I've met them and known them.
12. That I was born poor. It gave me incredible hardships and insecurities all throughout my life, but I definitely would not be who I am today if I did not grow up poor. I would not have learned how to persevere at things if I have always had it easy. I would not be able to identify and symphatize with poverty issues if I were not one of them. I would not have developed a backbone if every time I needed something I'll come running to dada.
And what I like most about myself is...
13. That I was able to admit to myself that I need Jesus Christ. Best decision EVER.
* All images from fotosearch.com. They have a good stock of photos, check it out.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants